The Germano Family Scholarship, LLC.
The Germano Family Scholarship has been providing college and athletic scholarships to both baseball and softball players since 1992. This scholarship was founded and earmarked for baseball and softball players graduating from Park Ridge High School (NJ) to assist with college tuition. My family is from Park Ridge, that is where my sister Laura and I grew up, and that is where both my parents made significant impacts on kids in both the sports and youth ministry programs. We have expanded the scholarship’s reach beyond Park Ridge in recent years to provide support for kids and families who would find it very difficult to either participate or continue their athletic and/ or academic careers without support. Our family commits to do all we can with the resources we have to ensure no kid is left behind, especially with situations beyond their control.
Since 2010 and our family’s ongoing and deepening involvement with youth softball in the Northern NJ and surrounding area, we have come to recognize and experience firsthand opportunities how we can help and financially assist different players and families. We are honored and proud to help wherever we have been able to do so, always ensuring our founding premise and that the award’s core values are at the heart of any decision. As of 2022, we have rewarded over $70K in scholarships and assistance.
What are the values we look for in our recipients? We look for players with a combination of:
- Puts it all out there and never asks "why?".
- Is a great teammate; sacrifices for the good of the team & puts the team above themselves.
- Knows that the game & the team are “worth it”
- Wears their heart on their sleeve.
- Shine as an example to their teammates, coaches and other players all around them.
- Never forgets why they took the field.
- Hustles no matter what the score.
- Shows sportsmanship and never shows up an opponent or a teammate.
- Gives 100% without any questions or complains
Grades need to be respectable. Just that they do their best
We rely mostly on donations to make this thing go year after year. If you are interested in making a donation and/ or inquiring about our annual fundraiser, please contact Bob Germano at email@example.com.
Donations can be sent to:
Germano Family Scholarship, LLC. 123 Willow Dr. Old Tappan, NJ 07675
Thank you for your support.